I pronounce it /s@gdZEst/, which is why "gg" makes sense to me.

> Most of the oddity is in unstressed vowels, which Wijk's system does not
> change.  In general, the purpose of Regularized Inglish is to make
> reading easy, not spelling; there may be many possible spellings of a
> word, of which only one is correct.

But if the Latinate spelling would suggest an incorrect pronunciation,
then shouldn't it be reformed as well?  I see no reason to have a
different convention for native vs. non-native words.

--
Oh Lord, grant that we may always be right, for thou knowest we will
never change our mind. - Scots Prayer