Dans un courrier dat=E9 du 28/09/99 17:22:36  , Pablo a=E9crit :

> Matt Pearson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> =20
>  > Tokana forms embedded clauses by adding a suffix to the verb called the
>  > "dependent" suffix (Dep).  Compare:
>  >
>  >         eta-kia mok-e
>  >         go-2p home-Dat
>  >         "you go home"
>  >
>  >         eta-n-kia mok-e
>  >         go-Dep-2p home-Dat
>  >         "that you go home"
> =20
>  That's absolutely great! Really simple, yet I hadn't seen that
>  or thought about it, ever... Though it reminds me of Japanese
>  use of _koto_ (I'm not sure about this; can anybody explain?)
> =20

Matt uses a nice different word order :
verb-substantivizer-arguments

could anyone (Christophe ?) compare it to basque subclause ?

as you know japanese goes like :

itte kureru
you go
itte kureru koto
you go fact
"the fact that you go"

but usually shorter "no" is used - except in
specific instances where koto is prefered because
uh... because... let me see...  why that again ?

itte kureru koto ga mieru
i can see that you go
("the fact that you go is visible")

itte kureru no wa mieru
i can see that you go
("that you go is visible")

as a me-too-yet-only-me example :

tata puse e tutu tumi.
i see the_fact_that you go.

("e" > refers to clause subsequent >>>)

tutu tumi wa tata puse o.
you go which_fact i see it.

("o" < refers back to clause precedent <<<)

> =20
>  --Pablo Flores
>    http://draseleq.conlang.org/pablo-david/
> =20