On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, FFlores wrote:

> So, didn't you hear the song? I heard that it was only used in some
> countries, not in others. In the version I heard (all the time) it was
> clearly /a'le/. Maybe it was meant to be _allez_ but I suspect it was
> only there to fill the chorus. The song itself was hideous -- imagine
> hearing /a'le a'le a'le/ every five minutes for weeks... (Plus I just
> hate Latino singers that sing in the USA, in English, Spanish and 'Miamish'
> at the same time! :)

It made little impact here.  Soccer in NZ is a very minor sport.  Our
national side, the All Whites, has about the same level of playing skill
as the Argentine Rugby team - possibly less.  The Rugby world cup has just
started in Wales and I know I'm going to have to do my darnedest to avoid
it here.

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       [log in to unmask]

Giles: Honestly, Buffy.  You order these products, practice with them for
a morning and then cast them aside in favour of a piece of kindling.
When's the last time you used your hippe?
                        - Buffy the Vampire Slayer #3, Dark Horse Comics.