On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Ed Heil wrote:

> Hey, I saw a copy of Yaguello's _Lunatic Lovers of Language_ at the
> bookstore.  I browsed it a little bit, and wondered how a book about
> imaginary languages could be in the least credible if it doesn't
> bother to mention Tolkien at all?  (And it goes on and on about a
> supposedly UFO-borne "Martian Language"...)
>
> Has anyone here read it?  What did you think?  (I gather Sally rather
> dislikes it...)

I read the beginning once, but then had to return it to the library.
As humor, it's quite good.  I kept coming across lines that cracked me
up...from what I read it seemed typical postmodern drivel, particularly
the nonsense about all conlangers being male.

    ___
   )_|_)   Eli Naeher - [log in to unmask]
  )__|__)
 )___|___)   "A whaleship was my Yale College and my Harvard."
\-,__|_,---/                             --Herman Melville