[log in to unmask] writes:
>Anyways, how -do- you do relative clauses in your conlangs? Here's
>something for y'all to translate... (substitute words when necessary...)

In Tilon Nevo, the relative preposition 'ke' (yes, i took it from 'que' in
Spanish) covers that, which, who, what, and that.

Heres the Tilon Nevo way:

>rel. subject:
>"The dog that saw the cat was large."

De    sado    ke       dabe     de      chaho     vose       wihon.
The   dog   THAT    saw     the      cat          was        large.

>rel. object:
>"The dog saw the cat that killed the mouse."

De      sado    dabe     de    chacho    ke       tside    de    feilo.
The     dog       saw     the   cat         THAT   killed   the  mouse.

>nested:
>"The dog that saw the cat that killed the mouse that was large drank
>from the river that John put the poison in."

I'm not going to place the translation under the sentence, hopefully you
know the word order by now :)

De sado ke dabe de chaho ke tside de feilo ke vose wihon, lo gole cha de
shoiho  ke Jan
tsile de pilo ha.

The dog THAT saw the cat THAT killed the mouse THAT was large, it drank
from the river THAT John put the poison in.

>rel. indirect object:
>"The dog that John gave the ball to."

De    sado    ke      Jan    sale   de    shino    ha.

The    dog   THAT   John  gave  the   ball      to.

>rel. oblique:
>"The mouse that the cat chewed on." or,
>"The cat that the dog was bigger than."

De feilo        ke    de chaho   kaime    ha.
The mouse THAT the cat     chewed  on.

>rel. posessor:
>"The dog saw the cat whose teeth were huge."

De   sado   dabe    de    chaho   ke        waro   vose   wihon.
The  dog     saw   the      cat  WHOSE    teeth   were   huge.