Paul Bennett scripsit:

> *I* just volunteered to produce fonts for free (as have others in this list),

Sorry, I thought you were saying you *would* volunteer if you had the
skills: quite a different statement.

> with the one caveat (in my case) that *as yet* my ability isn't very good, so
> the results may be a bit shabby, and take a rather long time to produce.  The
> one problem is getting copyright-free source material, and if I could draw
> freehand or find a source in the public domain, I'd churn out one free font a
> month, at least.

As others have pointed out, fonts themselves are not copyrightable.

Note that there is now a fairly complete fixed-with X font:

(I can't find the URL at present).

--
John Cowan                                   [log in to unmask]
       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin