I'm replying to Guy Teasdale's note (which I've lost in some unexpected
system crashes . .. ) about TEI headers and RDF.

I'm not sure what Guy is working on, and so it would help to know the
context.  In our project wiht serials, we're using a TEIxlite-based dtd
and are wondering the same thing about header information.  All our
journals which are keyed in with teixl will have parallel sets of images
of all the pp. being typed for archival and x-ref purposes, so we're
looking ofr a meta-data header model there too.

The RDF/Dublin Core pairing works well as a meta-data model, and I think
it's safe to project an inevitable RDF (which, to quote Martha Stuart, is
a "good thing" for infomration access mechanisms).  The stance of TEI viz.
this is important, and an RDF/DC model for the header is worth
considering.  We're also looing into Architectural Forms to deal with some
of these issues-- NB: Has anyone any experience with software supporting
Arch Forms when used with xml data in a RDB?

thanks in advance, and i'm interested to hear more of Guy's thinking on
asking this-- as well as replies on the matter from others.

jr

John Robert Gardner
ATLA-CERTR
Emory University
http://vedavid.org/diss/
"If there is something you're thinking of doing, or wish you could do,
begin it.  In boldness there is mystery and power . . . . "  -Goethe