Guy Teasdale writes:

 > we are setting up a FileMaker Database on the web that will be used
 > by the students to enter themselves their cataloguing
 > information. Then, always
 > with Omnimark, we will convert the FileMaker records to a Teiheader
 > structure that will be pasted on top of the thesis.
 >
 > As I don't want to make all these efforts if TEAHEADER is
 > eventually going to an RDF schema, I asked this question.

I don't think I see the problem. You want the students to provide
metadata; great. You give them a front-end to type it into. You
then convert the database record to some *ML markup. Why does it
matter whether its TEI header or RDF? You can go from one to the other
later, surely? You are not tying yourself into either system.

This assumes that the TEI header can encompass all that is needed by the
RDF, of course! That, surely, is the issue, as to whether RDF adds
lots more stuff undreamt of by the TEI frontierspeople.

Sebastian