Bob,

You might want to take a look at the Slangsoft site (http://www.slangsoft.com/)
which offers support for Hebrew and other right-to-left languages in a Java
environment. (Other languages as well. ;-))

I have been in contact with them concerning some possible Java
applets/applications on behalf of the Society of Biblical Literature but those
projects have been delayed by a current restructuring of Scholars Press. I have
not used their solution but they have been very responsive and I think you will
find them a good starting place. My principal contact has been Scott Brown,

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Information Technology Services