[...]

> It is the Swadesh list of 100-200 words, in many languages.
> I have often looked for a complete list of PIE roots on the net,
> but never found one. There are fine lists for Indic languages,
> or Latin or Greek, but ... There are PIE roots scattered
> through various paper-bound dictionaries, my favorite is
> "The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology).
> For conlang purposes we need more naked ascii wordlists.

Alas, 'tis true. As for dictionaries, I bought my _American Heritage
Dictionary of the English Language_ (oops, rather I asked my mom to buy it
for my birthday :) ) simply for its list of PIE roots. It's got a lot, it
only lists roots and their reflexes where they pertain somehow to words
which have entered English, which I would imagine omits a lot of words. Oh
well.