On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:14:03 +0100 Kristian Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> I'm not saying that the other transcriptions are 'uglier' or less
> interesting. Indeed the Rokbeigalmki (sp?) ziifer (sp?) script is
> quite
> interesting by iteself. I'm just saying that cyrillic would be

Yup, it's called Rokbeigalmki-Ziifer (pronounced /rokbejgalmki zajfR/,
where /R/ is an English syllabic {r} - "ziifer" isn't a Rokbeigalmki
word) .  Thanks....it's an evolved version of the script made for my and
my brother's aborted conlang ool-Nuziiferoi (where "ziifer" comes from).

> interesting too. It would give it, seen from a western point of
> view, a
> 'semi-exotic' feel to it - if its possible to use that term. One
> would
> then think, 'hmmm... probably an exotic minority language from the
> former Soviet Union', even though Rokbeigalmki probably isn't a
> minority Russian language if my memory serves me correctly.
>
> -kristian- 8)

Right, it's an exotic minority language from Middle-Earth.  :-).  I've
decided to be agnostic on the question of whether the Rokbeigalm survive
from mytho-prehistory into the modern world, although even if they did
they'd probably not have very much linguistic contact with Russia.
(southern hemisphere and all that)

-Stephen (Steg)
 "Old linguists never die - they just come to voiceless stops."