At 7:36 pm -0500 5/11/99, Nik Taylor wrote:
>I don't understand why, if this is a CONLANG T-shirt, a shirt that's
>supposed to represent the list, we're considering putting natural
>languages

Eh?? I know I've missed most of this thread, but is Nik saying that natural
languages are being put on the Conlang T-shirt?

As there are quite literally thousands of natural languages, won't the
shirt get a bit oversized?  This can't be serious.

>or languages invited by people not on this list.

Yep - I suspect the count of conlangs numbers hundreds.  Does one include
conlangs known, but not devized, by members of the list?  If so could
someone tell me:
Has the phrase been translated into Speedwords or Lips-Kith?
If not, do you want translations?
And, if so, what was the original phrase?

Ray.

A mind which thinks at its own expense
will always interfere with language.
                   [J.G. Hamann 1760]