"Leo J. Moser" wrote:

> [kut]

> Two Questions:
> 1) As I recall, there are some Occidental words that
> end in two consonants. To what extent is this true?

That's an interesting question. At the moment I can't even recall seeing any
words ending in double consonants, and I've been going through 5,000 + pages,
now approaching 6000 rapidly with new material being sent in constantly. I'm
not saying they aren't there, for if they are though, they certainly don't
stand out.

> 2) Are double consonants allowed?

Yes, they are allowed. i.e. 5. Double consonants are sounded as single ones,
except in certain cases with regard to "c", "g" and "s" noted later on
(------). They are used partly to show that the preceding vowel is short and
also in certain widely known words where single consonants would appear
strange. They are also used to distinguish in writing similar words:-
Occ: cannon    Eng. cannon (military)
Occ: canon      Eng. canon (religion)

Vowels preceding double consonants are always short.

I'm curisous as to how some will respond to these same questions after they
complete the course on Occidental/Auli-PRIM. May be interesting. We'll see.

Cordialmen,
Bob, x+O~