Chris Burd wrote:

> Sure there are: 'vell' (would) and 'mann' (man) for two.

I think of those as "double" rather than "2" consonants,
a separate category. They indicate a long/short distinction
in the preceding vowel. This might well disappear in practice,
but there is a desire to prevent "cane/dog" and "canne/cane"
falling together as homonyms.

> Besides
> this, a lot of words end in two consonants, like 'mult', 'conform',
> 'fundament'.

Don't forget the thematic vowel, or the POS-inflectional -e or -i.
OCC usually prefers to drop them where understanding is clear.
But then -e reappears in plural -es, and -i or -al or -ic usually
is present in any adjective that can be mistaken for a noun.

So, "multi paroles confirma li fundamentes."
This is not difficult to pronounce ...

> Final consonant clusters are open to criticism in an IAL,
> especially when they collide initial clusters.

In OCC there is no problem with the phonotactics.

> Interlingua, btw, pretty much limits final consonantal
> clusters to -nc, -rc, and -sc; otherwise it adds an -e.

Yeah, -e on verbs, adjectives, nouns, and anything else,
so as to fake an Italian sound. Sorry, but it's too Chico Marx.

--
As they say in Tepa: hike waipettu.