Personally I think that an Asian Interlingua will only be a topic when a =
lot
of Westerners and Asians are studying any of the big Asian languages in o=
rder
to be better equipped to make progress in life. We will probably in that =
case
at first have some generations who learn big Asian languages as a tool to=

enlarge their own understanding of the world. =

But when one Asian language - whichever it will be - is the language of a=
 new
culture, embrased by all, the young generation, when films are interestin=
g,
interesting TV, new thoughts and when that language has permeated to othe=
western countries to such a degree that nearly everyone can say "I love y=
ou"
in it, knows _yes_ and _no_, can count up to ten in it, THEN it is becomm=
ing
the international language, and people who have studied it will be intere=
sted
in finding easier ways to learn it. =

Before this, the interest in including Asian languages in an interlingua =
is
just the old Divide et impera way. =

Compare euroclones like Esperanto, Occidental, Interlingua and Novial!
In Europe we at first had to learn Latin to be able to write at all. Then=
 here
in Scandinavia our provincial laws were written in the vernacular. The
religion was translated into our vernaculars (as was Lenin's collected wo=
rks
some 500 years later!). In the 11th century the Nobility sent their sons =
Paris to study, and they used Latin. Then came German and then French (th=
language of the court if Versailles) and the whole time they were taking =
in
words from Latin and Greek to coin new expressions. Even though they were=

writing in the vernacular Latin and Greek was the Underlying language lik=
e in
"Declaration fo Independence", "Principia mathematica", "Locomotive",
"Libert'e, Egalite', Fraternite', le tricolor. (not _troiscouleur). In Ru=
ssia
there was _Peterburg, gubernia_ and now it is _diktor, indeks_ etc. =

And when one of the greater European languages dominated it inundated the=

other languages with a lot of words. In Swedish we got "betala, anst=8All=
a,
befalla, vacker, hantverkare" from German, "soare', adj=9A, biologi, mete=
r,
liter, kilo, paviljong, medaljong, f=9Aljetong, p=9A om p=9A" from French=
, and now
we are getting a lot of English like _country club, defroster, to take ti=
me
out, chicken race, etc. from English. But still there is the Greek and La=
tin
element that is uniting our European languages. =

The day when the whole world feel the need of a World Language it will al=
so
make its impact on the one used. As long as we have no genuine representa=
nts
for thos non-European languages we are just taking up this Eurocentrism t=
ensure the hegemony of English, which people have to learn (HAVE TO LEARN=
)
anyway, whether they like it or not. The means to connect an Aborigen of
Australia and a Sami of Scandinavia is English or Euroclones like Esperan=
to,
Interlingua or Occidental. Same can be said about communication between a=

Nents (Yurak) of Siberia and a speaker of Aymara in America. =

That we all, English or not-English native speakers will gain tremendousl=
from using an international auxiliary language is very clear to me. For i=
f it
comes about we will be able to create a world culture where Everyone Real=
ly
Takes Part. And we will use a Euroclone.

In the future certainly educators will produce teaching aides for Euroclo=
nes
like Interlingua and Occidental and this will be something much better th=
an
the present Esperanto, I suppose, then Interlingua or Occidental or langu=
ages
of that type will be really important.