A dozen divers met at the dive shop 9am Saturday
morning.The shop provided coffee, juice, muffins and
pastries.  Loaded up the shop van then carpooled to
the Fauntleroy ferry to Vashon Island.  Arrived at
Tramp Harbor approx. 11am and hit the water by Noon.
Weather conditions were favorable, overcast skies, no
wind, air temp. in the mid-60s F.  Flat seas, easy
entry to the water via concrete staircase.
Water temp. between 48 and 50F.  Vis. was variable,
from 5 to 15 feet.  My dive profile, max.depth 47fsw,
dove AL80 for 46 minutes with drysuit.
First time that I remember feeling cold in my drysuit.
 Saw lots of fishies & nudibranchs, saw a nudi that I
hadn't seen before.  Followed a line of fallen
pilings, that were encrusted with anemones, and ran
across a bottle field.  Shh! it is suppose to be a
secret.  Saw a gazillion of spidery looking crabs on
the pilings.  Aggressive little bastards.
Had some bouncy problems, couldn't quite get
comfortable with the BC, felt like the tank and/or
pony was shifting around.  After the dive my buddy
confirmed that it did seem to be shifting around.  I
figured what the heck I'll just tighten things up a
bit more.
For the second dive, I hoisted the rig onto my back,
tightened everything down, just prior to descending
the stairs I gave myself a good shake to make sure
everything was sitting nicely.  The damn tank flopped
over, nearly knocking me over.  The freaking backplate
had broken loose from the freaking BC and the whole
freaking mess was flopping around.  Darn I had to
abort the second dive, that really upset me.
After the other divers finished their second dive, we
all went for a nice BBQ.
The manager of the dive shop that I work at thinks
that
it is a manufacturer defect of POS BCD.  The shop is
going to send it back to the MFG for a replacement.
In the meantime, I can use a rental BC, not this kid.
Although I have spoken favorably of this BC in the
past, I don't think I want a replacement of the same
now.
So went my diving day on Saturday.
Ed