On 09 November 1999 03:52, Ed Graves wrote:

> A dozen divers met at the dive shop 9am Saturday
> morning.The shop provided coffee, juice, muffins and
> pastries.

Bloody hell! That makes our Tim-Tams and Thermos of coffee *after the dive*
look pretty second-hand!  :-)

>Loaded up the shop van then carpooled to
> the Fauntleroy ferry to Vashon Island.  Arrived at
> Tramp Harbor approx. 11am and hit the water by Noon.
> Weather conditions were favorable, overcast skies, no
> wind, air temp. in the mid-60s F.  Flat seas, easy
> entry to the water via concrete staircase

(The good stuff snipped)

> For the second dive, I hoisted the rig onto my back,
> tightened everything down, just prior to descending
> the stairs I gave myself a good shake to make sure
> everything was sitting nicely.  The damn tank flopped
> over, nearly knocking me over.  The freaking backplate
> had broken loose from the freaking BC and the whole
> freaking mess was flopping around.  Darn I had to
> abort the second dive, that really upset me.

Not as much as the news that you get juice, coffee, muffins and pastries
prior to going diving upset me!  :-)

> After the other divers finished their second dive, we
> all went for a nice BBQ.

Rub it in!  :-)

> The manager of the dive shop that I work at thinks
> that
> it is a manufacturer defect of POS BCD.  The shop is
> going to send it back to the MFG for a replacement.
> In the meantime, I can use a rental BC, not this kid.
> Although I have spoken favorably of this BC in the
> past, I don't think I want a replacement of the same
> now.

I'm going to have to 'fess up to ignorance here, Ed!  But is POS an
abbreviation for POSEIDON?  Or is it another make?  And what part gave way?

> So went my diving day on Saturday.

At least you managed to have one dive, got wet and - by the sounds of it -
had a good feed!   We only managed to get Brahms!  (before anyone asks, it's
rhyming slang, as in, "Brahms and Liszt"!)  :-)

Strike