--- David Strike <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 09 November 1999 03:52, Ed Graves wrote:
>
> > A dozen divers met at the dive shop 9am Saturday
> > morning.The shop provided coffee, juice, muffins
> and
> > pastries.
>
> Bloody hell! That makes our Tim-Tams and Thermos of
> coffee *after the dive*
> look pretty second-hand!  :-)

For our after dive BBQ we had grilled teriyaki chicken
and hamburgers.  The chicken had been marinated over
night in home made teriyaki sauce.  Prepared & BBQ'd
by a former chef.  Oh did I mention that we had beer
with the BBQ or was that a given.
I'd like to report we always eat this well, but if we
did I'd have even more trouble getting into the
drysuit, damn thing keeps shrinking.<g>

<snip>

> I'm going to have to 'fess up to ignorance here, Ed!
>  But is POS an
> abbreviation for POSEIDON?  Or is it another make?
> And what part gave way?

Feesh already explained POS.  The backplate has these
little wing thingies that are "welded" to the BCD.  It
broke between the backplate and the wings. One side
brole all the way through and it other side was split
3/4 of the way. The BC has less than 100 dives on it.
And I take very good care of my gear.  I store it
between dive so that there is no stress on this
particular area.  It could have been breaking for
awhile, it isn't in an area that I normally inspect.
Although if I get another one, I now know to do so.

Ed
(beached in Seattle)