At 01:47 PM 11/10/99 +0100, Magnus Johnson wrote:

>We invented it (it's all "the Empire" has left!). . any deviations
>therefore from the pure version should be refered to as 'dialect',
>'Canadian', 'Convictsian', 'Kiwisian', 'United-Statesian' or 'Slang'  :-)

        When you say, We invented it,..." are you speaking as a Johnson who sailed
with the Norweigans from France in 1066, as a relative of the
lexicographer, Dr. Johnson, or as a compatriot of Gordon McKay, an old
fraternity brother of mine who bragged about beating the hell out of Prince
Charles at Gordonston, bitched about Culloden, and taught us to sing
English(?), "...it's a bragh bricht moon licht nicht...."

DPTNST,

John