>Quoth Rob Nierse:
>> Well, here is my shorthand. I use it to write down messages not
>> intended for other eyes, or just for fun.
>>
>> It soon got a feeling of Arab writing. I started writing right to left
>> and made some Arab-looking letters for l, r, w, y, h. The s got a
>> nicer hook and soon my shorthand was ready.
>>
>> For the vowels I made something Semitic too, but arbitrary.
>
>Boy, does it ever!  That could easily pass as Arabic to anyone who
>doesn't know better.  And it's really very pretty (but then, I've always
>been a sucker for Arabic script ;).  But how do you tell the difference
>between two p's and a t, since letters are connected?

Thank you for your compliments!

That used to be a problem, but isn't anymore, since in Dutch
double letters are used to indicate what quality the preceding vowel is.
In my script all vowels have their own symbol.
But there is a problem when p+ t collide into k. So I write the p (or t)
and leave a little space, then follow with the t (or p)

Rob