"Robert J. Petry, C.L." wrote:

> Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote:
>
> > [kut]>From comments on this list, by Robin Turner and/or Lojbab, IIRC, it
> > seems that Interlingua and Occ are not comprehensible to any learned person.
>
> I have learned that many "learned person(s)" are not learned in their own language. i.e.
> They can use it but have no concept of the building blocks of their languages today. Thus,
> they are unable to recognize even the simple roots within their own languages, much less
> the same ones in Occidental.

Well, I don't know about Lojbab, but I'm a teacher of English, I
have a BA in English and an MA in Applied Linguistics. How much
more do I need to do to become "learned" in my own language? You
want a PhD or what?

BTW, I've never said that I find Occidental totally
incomprehensible, simply that I find it no more comprehensible
than other naturalistic languages - if anything, I find
Interlingua slightly easier, since there at least I know (being
so "learned", heh heh) that I'm only looking for Latinate roots.

co'o mi'e robin.