Charles wrote:

> "Donald J. HARLOW" wrote:
>
> > You should go to the author of this passage -- Martin Lavalee, I
> > believe -- for an explanation. I am assuming that this means the
> > same as "usabil pro to". Occidental's syntactic structure is
> > somewhat less flexible than that of some (ahem!) other languages
> > because of its lack of POS marking.
>
> More disinformation from a biased-against-Occidental source.
> The "to" means just the demonstrative "that", and isn't used
> nearly as much as "ti = this". So, "usabil pro to" means
> "usable for that", a rather awkward phrase but understandable.
> The 100 short grammatical words of any language must be learned,
> though OCC's are certainly much more recognizable than EO's.

Good that you brought that up Charles. It's not the criticisms based on
actual things in Occidental, it is the disinformation which leads people
who won't check to believe the difficulty exists, and then "destroying"
the "disinformation" as "proof" of the "faults" of Occidental.

Anyway, the new Occidental list is another great step forward for
Occidental, Li Auli-PRIM. Things just keep on growing and going like I
said it would. And, this truly is only the beginning. Plus more material
is appearing on the internet not from me. ;-) Even those who think they
don't like my "aggressive" tactics will have to admit there's some
movement going on now. And, the year 2000 is the year I've targeted for
me to switch from "ingathering" of material to "outpouring" of the
material in a more modern form everywhere I can get it exposed.
Including the 20 lesson course some of us are progressing through right
now. Others are beginning to see the light too.

And, actually, to my great pleasure and surprise, some of the help has
finally begun to come from a few extraordinary individuals from the
auxlang list! To them, and to all on the auxlang list, I would like to
send my heartiest thanks, not only for the help now coming, but for all
the excellent challenges you have given me to help sharpen my knowledge
of Occidental by forcing me to read hundreds of pages I wouldn't have
read so fast without you. A great way to close out a century. Thanks,

Cordialmen,
Bob, x+O~