Roland Hoensch wrote:

> Being a wise and learned man, Bob.  How many languages do You speak?
> And given English's relative simplicity, I'm looking for something more than
> the
> glorified Franca Lingua that is Occidental.

Well, I've lived three years of my life in England with trips to the continent.
I lived three years in the Orient.

And, for whatever its worth, I could read Occidental instantly.
I had to struggle with Interlingua.
Could barely figure out a few word in Esperanto.
Ido I can read about 50% with effort.
I like Interglossa better than Glosa.

And, it doesn't matter how many languages I know, for I am just one person. The
proof comes from several thousand Occidental users over the years. This is the
part everyone seems to ignore. They just limit their criticisms at me, since I'm
only one person, and that's easy to attack. Instead, start asking why so many
others who were not English speakers had no problems with Occidental. Only those
who don't want it to be true find problems with the language, and those who
don't want their favorite IAL to lose ground.

Thanks,
Bob, x+O~