Robert J. Petry, C.L. of Auli Universitate wrote:
> Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote:

> > This could have some importance in an auxlang intended for latin/germanic
> > speakers, but very little iportance for a language intended for mondial
> > use.
>
> How do you figure that? First it is not limited to latin/germanic speakers.

I seem to understand from your postings on this list, that the
principal advantage of Occ is is its at sight recognizability.

Certainly, this can only possibly work for latin/germanic languages
speakers (or better, for speakers of a languages with a mix of
latin/germanic vocabulary, ie English, I don't know other examples).

If Occ has other advantages wrt say, Eo, Ido, Ia, Glosa, etc, I don't
see them mentioned.

> Secondly, I
> don't share your limited perspective mentioned in your last comment since it appears
> you are looking at a very narrow spectrum of the language, and seem not to know much
> about its inner workings,

Indeed, I know very little about Occidental. Just what you write on
this List.  On internet there's very little material.  Can you suggest
a currently available book to read?  (The material you recently
announced here, only works on Windows machines, as far as I know, so
it is of no use to me).

> open structure for expansion into the area you say it is not
> "intended" for, i.e. "mondial use", nor the idea of growing outward from an
> "occidental" base to a world base in the future.

In another message you complain about other's auxlang instability.
Now you say that Occ can grow to a world base. Can you explain better
what you mean here?

> Debating what it supposedly "can't do" is certainly different than learning enough of
> it and testing it on the firing line.

*How* could one learn it?

> Most arguments I've heard here that state all the
> "why nots" are the same old arguments repeated over and over again based on a
> "philosophy" of "what should be" versus really taking the language into the field and
> actually seeing what it will do. Until people begin to do that, it is only "debate".

If you don't consider the "what should be" and prefer to stick with
what works, I'm sure you will obtain greater success with English,
rather than with Occ.

Cordialmen,
  Pierpaolo