Jeffrey Henning wrote:
> I didn't realize "supper" was dialectal, but now that I think about it my
> wife calls it "dinner" and I think of it as "supper", but when I look it up
> in the dictionary it doesn't have the meaning I thought it would:

Speaking of dinner: when is dinner for y'all?
<<<<<<

This is a pretty typical pattern for my family, only ever one Dinner per day.

8ish    Breakfast (fairly light)
11ish   Elevensies (very light) - not always
1ish    Lunch if light / Dinner if big
6:30ish Tea if light / Dinner if big
11ish   Supper (very light) - not always

Generally, a Dinner at lunchtime only occurs at the weekends.

to whom they are addressed.
sender. This footnote also confirms that this email message
has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.