On Tuesday, December 14, 1999 3:21 AM, Lee Bell wrote:

> Gadget fever has struck me again and I find myself desiring an Oxygen
> Analyzer.

(snip)

> 2. I also found Underwater Brearthing Systems O2 Stick.  At least one list
> member has one.  The sampling method is not apparent from online pictures.
> The unit is priced at $256.  Any thoughts?

The local shop switched from the Mini-Ox analyser to the 'O2 Stick' last
year. It's certainly more convenient to use and fits snugly into a DIN
valve.  The manufacturer, UBS, claims that its accuracy is to one-tenth of
one per-cent!  Readings do, however, vary according to the gas flow.
According to the manufacturer the tank valve should be cracked open until
there's a slight hissing sound.

With a housing made of Lexan, it's a tough and rugged piece of equipment
that can easily be used in one hand; has an easy-to-read display; and - most
importantly - is virtually 'diver-proof'.  A feature that makes it useful
for use on boats.

Strike