At 08:47 AM 12/12/99 -0500, Lee wrote:
>> > In your experiences, where are the best places to scuba dive?
>
>I can't say where the best places to dive are.  It's too subjective a
>question.  I can tell you where the best dives I've done were.  It was
>earlier this year in Cozumel.

Lee, you are too easy to please!  Except for the good company of the NEDs,
I've seen MUCH better vis, better variety of critters on the same sites
led by DMs who know the terrain MUCH better than those on our dives.  A
case in point was the Las Palmas site.  We didn't see any of the lobster
clusters, turtles, eels, or many of the regular residents there because
the DM didn't know the site at all.   The same was true about Palancar
Bricks and a few of the other sites we dived, especially the Maracaibo. :-)

I think you've been hooked on Coz as I had been after my first trip there
Christmas of 1987!   Mika Doelle, Sue and I will be spending this Christmas
there, and the Crusty gang will be joining us between Christmas and Y2K.

>The actual sites were very nice, maybe even
>the best I've seen.  What made it special was the group I dove with.  Since
>all of the group is represented on this list (all were either members of
>this list or accompanied those who were), you know who you are.  The quality
>of a dive is ALWAYS effected by those you share it with, before, during and
>after.

True.  Except for the higher probability of port closing on account of the
Norte (wind from the North), I expect much better quality dives on this
mini-Christmas-NEDfest.

If not for the fact that we already have a full 6-pak, I would have said
come on down and join us.  You could motor your own boat down there and
follow our dive boat!  :-)  On the other hand, if you and Jayna can make
it there on Christmas Eve day, then we can have a 5-pak boat (with Mika)
for three days.

>Happy holidays to all.

Likewise.

-- Bob.