Bob wrote:

> 12/11. It's good to be HOME, for a change.

I think I know that feeling...

Late Nov:  Business conference in Orlando near UCF.   Dreadfully boring, but
our part finished up a bit early, so we took in Cape Canaveral (FWIW, the
last time I was there, they were still assembling Apollo's...gosh, things
have changed some).  Margaret flew in to join me for a weekend at Disney for
her Christmas present, namely  a couple of days at "The Mouse" (DisneyWorld)
as their holiday decorations were going up, plus the "Dolphin Experience"
program at EPCOT, which is the (limited) scuba content here.

The program itself was pretty good.  Disney has two dolphins "for research"
and the manner in which they've woven in allowing tourists to interact with
them is a combination of education (for the tourists) and the
rationalization that frequent exposure to strangers makes it seem "normal"
to the dolphins, so in case they have a problem and need to pull in a
medical team full of strangers, it won't be unusually stressful.  In this
case, its ~20 minutes in the pool with them in waist-deep waters in a
hands-on session as the trainer puts them through various exercises and
health inspections.

Early Dec:  Knoxsville, TN.    It figures:  literally, the first day that I
was back in the office from a college reunion last month (Maryville, just
outside of Knoxsville), the boss asks if I can go down to do a technology
assessment on a proposal that came in from a well known organization that's
down in this region.  Unfortunately, the proposer couldn't talk specifics
(management gag for patent rights, etc), so I finished up earlier than I was
hoping for.  Did a quick late afternoon hike in the Smokies (Laurel Falls)
and met a couple of <rec.scuba> readers for dinner & drinks in Gatlinburg.

Last week:  Drove down to  Aberdeen, MD, to oversee a test, look at a
problem on another, bang an uncooperative head and pick up some equipment.
Swung by the parents on the way home for a visit and saw Thursday's sunrise
come up off the waters of Delaware Bay from their dining room :-).  FWIW,
the bay here consists of shallow mudflats out front with 6" viz on a good
day, so I've never been tempted to dive here.

In the meantime, I have to remind Santa that my scuba booties are worn out -
- anyone have strong feelings on the pro's & con's of zippers -vs- velcro?

Best holiday wishes for all,

-hh