Lee Bell Wrote:

>FWIW, on my one and only suspected hit,
>pain started about an hour after the end of the last dive and,
>unlike muscle
>pain, increased over time.  The pain was in my right elbow
>joint, which
>increased my suspicion that I had a DCS problem.  Both my dives
>were very
>close to my NDC limit and both were relatively square
>profiles.  Muscle
>pain, at least for me, tends to develop over a short period and
>either
>remain constant for a while or decrease over time.  Muscle pain also tends
>to respond well to movement/exercise of the affected area. Since my pain
>was in an unlikely place and did not act like a muscle pain, I visited my
>local chamber the next morning.  To this day, I'm not sure that I actually
>had DCS, but better safe than sorry.

Do you know of an internet resource that describes the symptoms and
characteristics of DCS in detail to help distinguish from the normal aches
of a body after a full day on a dive boat?

My OW PADI guide describes type I as something along the lines of 'pain or
numbness or itching or aches or throbbing or weakness or tiredness, which
may or may not be in the joints', which seems to cover just about
everything!

Cheers,
Huw