> Good idea, Art, but impractical under some conditions, the same conditions
> that are moving me to build or buy an analyzer of my own.  Cozumel is a good
> example.  Tanks are filled at a remote location and are transported to the
> shops and then the boats.  A diver has no opportunity to test at the source,
> only at the boat.  Since I didn't notice an analyzer on the boat even though

When I go cave diving on Cozumel we always pick up the tanks at the
"source" who indeed does measure it right there in front of you.
As a backup I also take my own analyzer (A Scubapro model) to double
check.  Buildling one is relatively easy, buying one is even easier
but a bit (ok, more than a bit) more expensive.

> several divers were using nitrox, I plan on having something of my own next
> time I make the trip.  For nitrox fills closer to home, here in S. Florida,
> a tester has always been available and, in fact, handed to me without
> asking.  To the best of my knowledge, the shops here practice and support
> what they preach (in their classes).  Unfortunately, not everybody,
> everywhere does the same.

I prefer to have my own, even if they have one, just in case...  I
know mine works, I know how long/how much I've used it, etc.

Carl