Hi Brian,

Welcome to the list!

Here's a nice and simple log by Ken Hancock...
http://members.aol.com/khancock/pilot.html

Here's a more comprehensive one by Bill Ezell with EAN calcs, etc...
http://www.mv.com/users/wje/pilot.html

This is a handy little application.  Download tide calcs for your next
trip...
http://www.toolworks.com/bilofsky/tidetool.htm

I usually carry mine in a plastic baggie, however, I see that Body Glove
now offers a nice neoprene case for the Palm.

Best regards,
Russ