Am 12/28 16:41  Nik Taylor yscrifef:

> I don't think that there WOULD be any seasons.  There'd probably be a
> constant climate.  And actually, I've read that a Dyson's sphere would
> be unstable without some sort of artificial stablizers, if one side, for
> whatever reason, became closer, it would tend to continue approaching,
> and the sphere would be more and more off-center, until tidal forces
> ripped it apart, so some sort of mechanism would have to keep it
> stable.  The upshot would be that it would have to be kept perfectly
> centered on the sun, i.e., no seasons.

Which also suggests that to the inhabitants increasing seasonal
variation would be a sign of the end of the world.

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       [log in to unmask]

                      "Piskie, Piskie, say Amen
                   Doon on your knees and up agen."

                    "Presbie, Presbie, dinna bend;
                   Sit ye doon on mon's chief end."