> Don Word:
> >It's too quiet here so I thought it would be nice to find out what good
> >scuba stuff people got for Christmas.

I must have been ultra bad this year because all I got was:
5 miserable, windy, rainy days on the South Coast of New South Wales.
4 Screaming Kids and the mutha-in-law from hell.
3 Cartons of Crown Lager and Victoria Bitter (no longer in their containers)
2 loads of over-priced petrol for my car.
1 whopper of a hangover.

Did manage a swim at a place called Hyams Beach on Jervis Bay. This beach has
some of the whitest sand in the country. After swimming I met a local
shopkeeper who is also a keen fisherman. He was relating a story about the 3
sharks he caught  20 meters off the same beach 3 weeks ago. I asked him what
kind of sharks were they? He said he didn't know but happened to have 1 in the
freezer. Out came a green plastic bag. I was expectng maybe a small Wobbie or a
Port Jackson. Blow me down if it wasn't a small Bronze Whaler, perhaps a meter
in length!! Needless to say, I have crossed Hyams Beach off my recreational
swimming hole list.

Birdo