On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:38:04 -0500, Padraic Brown <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Irina Rempt wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Matthew Kehrt wrote:
>>
>>> Jux Bet is a spell from Origins Ultima games.
>
>bet is one of the syllables (with the idea of "small").  "jux" isn't
>listed.  Is it one you made up or "discovered"?  It is possible to
>devise new spells; so it wouldn't surprise me if a new syllable
>couldn't also be devised.

Originally there were only 24 syllables, but "jux" and "ort" were added in
Ultima VI. I don't have my copy of the game handy, but I think "jux" was
"damage" and "ort" was "magic".

--
languages of Kolagia---> +---<http://www.io.com/~hmiller/languages.html>---
      Thryomanes        /"If all Printers were determin'd not to print any